Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I have passion for progress

Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion. - Georg W. Hegel

This past weekend, Mom and I put on our wedding hats and got to work. We started the day with Vine and Branches to choose decor for the wedding. In a mere THREE hours we chose: decorations for the pews and alters at church, centerpieces, snack, cake, picture, and favor table decorations, bouquets, boutonnieres, and the arrangement of the hall. We accomplished soo much in such a short amount of time! I feel a lot more at peace regarding the decorations. I know that my reception is in very capable hands. I also found myself telling her that she knows what I like and that she could do whatever she wants. I gave her more like guidelines as opposed to objectives. (ha for the teacher talk)

From there, we went to Denton mall to look for Mom a 'wedding dress'. We started at Macy's and found a very beautiful dress that Mom really liked. We also went to Tuxedo Junction to reserve a very reasonable rate on tuxes. I also picked out the tux I liked, but the final decision is up to Will. I had no idea there were soo many different jacket, vest, tie options. Whew. It was exhausting!

After lunch we high-tailed it to Willow Bend to meet up with Aunt Donna. After a very shocking experience at Niemann Marcus, we went to a neat little shop called StarDust. It is a bridal boutique that has everything from invitations to wedding gowns to bridesmaids dresses to bachelorette party accessories. The staff was extremely helpful and totally put me in the wedding spirit, if I wasn't already! I was mainly looking for wedding invitations. I can NOT find one that I like. I have searched online at many different websites. I have ordered countless samples and nothing is what I want. Well, this wonderful woman at StarDust told me that I just need to pick a style and then I can make it my own. After looking through book after book of invitations that cost more than my wedding gown, I became discouraged. My wonderful consultant picked up on this and found me an invitation that is less than a dollar a piece. I was SHOCKED! I am going back at the end of February with the wording and we are going to create and order my beautiful invitations! I am soo excited about them! They are classy yet a little different!

On Sunday I completed my last Natural Family Planning class. One more step towards walking down that isle! All of my bridesmaids but one have ordered their dresses, and some even have their shoes! I have been working on addresses and today, since we had an ice day, I put every address into Excel so they will be easier to print! Things are really starting to come together! I couldn't have gotten this much done without the wonderful help of my amazing mother. She is my rock and I am so blessed to have such a fabulous woman that I can call Mom.

Funny side note: Aunt Donna picked Mom and I up at the mall in Willow Bend and drove us to StarDust. On the way back to the mall, Aunt Donna's car became invisible, everyone and their brother ran out in front of us. Aunt Donna, being the hysterically funny woman she is, informed the drivers that they needed to be careful. She had 'the bride' in the car.


No comments:

Post a Comment