Thursday, April 30, 2009

Busy, busy weekend.

They seem to be a normality around here.

Last weekend (April 25th and 26th) was a Wedding Weekend. Saturday morning started with the alarm sounding at 4:30 A.M. We had to be at the Botanical Gardens in Ft. Worth at 8:00 a.m. I did my make-up and Mom did my hair. We were there changing in the parking lot (thanks to the oh so kind Botanic People - No Brides allowed in the bathrooms) by 8:15 a.m. Started off a little rocky with something on my dress...the Amazing Mom fixed it!! but only got better from there. We took the majority of my pictures in the rose garden. It was beautiful. No one was there when we got there, but the traffic picked up the longer we stayed. I have seen some of the pictures and they are simply amazing. It was so much fun to be girly and wear my WEDDING dress all day. That thing got pretty heavy! At about noon, I broke the 'no bathroom brides' rule and changed in the bathroom. The wonderfully kind lady looked the other way as I came trapsing in, dress in tow.
After lunch, mom and I got to take a little shopping trip to NorthEast Mall. It was a fun little break in the day, and I got perfume!!! Then we went back out one more time for evening pictures. It is amazing how the light changes so many times in one day! Wendy got to go with us. She is such a big help!!
When we arrived home that night (approximately 10:00 p.m.) Will and I booked our honeymoon! BAHAMAS HERE WE COME!!!!!! We will be staying at the luxurious Breezes Bahamas Resort in the outstanding Nassau, Bahamas. This super all inclusive resort is located on the breath-taking cable beaches. The water is the most beautiful water you have ever seen. This resort includes a rock-climbing wall, water sports, dance lessons (if you can talk your husband into it), 3 fresh water pools, jaquizie, and much much more! The room we have is an ocean front room! I am so stinking excited I can't see straight!
After church on Sunday, Will and I met with our sponsor couple for our first meeting. It was so relaxed and informal. Will and I felt right at home. We discussed our faith, views on children, our roles in our marriage, and other touchy topics. It was great to have a nonjudgemental sounding board. We have 2 more meetings with them.
After the meeting, I rushed to my Mema's to get ready for my Bridal Shower. It was beautiful. A lot of my family and friends attended. I opened gifts as they arrived and it took forever! I just wanted to talk and eat cake, although I am extremely grateful for the gifts. My cake was white with a black ribbon around it. Also, there were chocolate covered strawberries that looked like tuxedos and wedding dresses, too cute!!
This week has been extremely difficult. I have not caught up on my sleep from the busy weekend. I have a feeling that every weekend from now until the wedding is going to be like this!!! Oh well, I guess it is all worth it!! :o)

1 comment:

  1. it was awesome hanging out with you! just wish we had "sweet light" for the morning too....
    can't wait to show you all the shots!
    hang in there... the whirl wind will be over soon and then on to your lives :)

    ReplyDelete